Well it feels like it should still be the weekend and although I’m having no problem staying up late or sleeping I feel rather shit at the moment. Hopefully my body will adjust to the new sleeping pattern in the next few days.
On my Christmas tree bauble experiment, the latest one looks good but as expected its just a bit too short, So I’ll try adding in two extra rows before attaching the base. Hopefully that will mean both the width and heigh problems are fixed.
More exciting news is that my instagram ac is inching up to 2k followers, which is kind of mind blowing and I’m so grateful for everyone who follows my beading journey. Mostly its just me doing my own thing, in between work, family and friends so every like, comment and follow is just amazing. And you are also fantastic too, my little blog has made it 10 followers already, which is unexpected. I also created a twitter account as one of my instagram followers asked if I had an account. @EtwTerP shared a tweet with a link to my insta account and its been retweeted 6 times.
Clearly I’ve not gotten much Christmas stuff done last week but I did make this odd little puffy start after seeing a post by Geometiles of some stars made from Geometiles, that were so cute. now mine looks a bit different as making it with beads translated in shape differently but I think I can make one that looks more like the Geometiles if I make it with squares before adding in the points of the stars. Hopefully I can save up for Christmas and buy myself a large set of Geometiles to make models from so I can make insanely complicated shapes that are hard to figure out from imagination alone.
I saw a beaded Dodecahedron some time ago and had been meaning to get around to making one, I joined mine slightly differently and while it looks cool the slight difference in the join seems to have affected the over all tension of the shape, So I’ll have to make another one using the other join. I think it’s because of the lack of beads in the corners, which seems to make a huge difference in the structure of beadwork.
Talking of Dodecahedrons my next large project is on the desk. Fingers crossed that I will have enough beads to make finish it, because it will be a close call as far as I can tell. the photo is of the first section on the pentagon starter, which makes starting each section so much easier on larger works. it kind of reminds me of bee hives and honey. I did experiment with a pattern but decided on one solid colour because it looks cool and who doesn’t love gold.
And last but not least are my glazed 2d donuts. I was inspired by Jayne’s cute 2d patterns and wanting a donut pattern I designed my own. Its been a while since I made any 2d patterns and I doubt I’ll be making a lot of them but you might see some from time to time.
My attempt at Ursula for my friend’s Christmas present is a bit of a mixed bag at the moment after several tries the bottom half is on point with the tentacles, dress and necklace. The top half is out of proportion and while clearly meant to be Ursula it just looks off. I’ll have another crack at it and if it’s any good I’ll share some pictures. Of course I won’t be selling any Ursula earrings if the pattern works as I don’t have the licence to do so and doubt it would be worth my time getting it.
Well this post is longer than I had meant to make it so nighty night, Lou
2 thoughts on “Experiments all round”
You’re a wizard. I’m so impressed with your beadwork!!
LikeLiked by 1 person