Strengthening old projects. The Fibonacci sequence has been on my todo list for a good few years now and as I’ve mentioned before I started it last year and it has been a long ongoing project that needed several attempts to get off the ground. I’ve gotten the ‘2d’ sequence up to the seventh number and am working on getting the open 3d attempt to a satisfactory state at the seventh number before getting the solid 3d version to the seventh number and moving on with all three if possible. From now on though with the open ones I might make a stand alone cube in each size to see what additional structure they need to keep in shape as the grow larger, as its much easier to do during construction rather than after construction. In the photo below you can just make
out on the inside of the orange cube at the bottom that there is an extra row of cubes, which is also true of the left side near the blue cube and partly true of the side joined with the black misshapen cube. you can also tell from the photo if you look carefully that those faces are much straighter than the two sides left. The black cube will need the extra two rows so that in stead of one row of cubes all the way around it will be four, a bit like my large orange cubic sculpture.
There is a prompt on instagram by the account @MyBeadingYear which you can look up and find out about beadeweavers by searching #mybeadingyear. Today was the first day and it was all about how we got started. You can check out my story on instagram or fb and tomorrows will be about what I beaded last year. I found the first photo I still have of this ball from back in April 2015 so it is from early 2015, actually before I thought I had made it lol. I’m not great with time at all but I’d forgotten where I was living when I made this and thought it had been the place after. Most beadweavers around the world are about a day behind so they will be doing their first post tomorrow.
I’ve also been working on the pink, purple and silver set, and on colour combinations for my current order trying to figure out what works, as bead colours can be tricky when use together. Luckily I have time to figure it out without rushing.
I’ve also been working on designing something new and hopefully interesting for a future project and trying to come up with ways to make models without forking out hundreds of dollars for shapes at the moment. I’ll buy them eventually but right now I just want to be able to make a few to use as a working guide. I have managed to make a large prism from padlepop sticks which seems way to large for a complex polyhedron and moved on to bamboo cotton buds as the only other thing I had handy. They seem to work but will take time to make. Still a lot less time then making the shapes in beadwork and much easer to make the shape in bead work with a 3d visual guide.
Its a full week of work this week which I am not looking foward to but I had best get cracking. Lou