I received an email today to let me know that I am currently Mackay Creatives Featured artist, which is exciting. Sometimes it can feel like nobody really cares as I work by myself and am still trying to get my art career off the ground, so it is really nice when my work gets acknowledged. Social media has also been great as receiving feedback from all the wonderful people who follow me helps keep me going.
This week I had an order from a friend for a small star and a bauble, so I stopped my current WIP to make them. Unsure as to how the colours would look together; I made two stars and let her pick how she wanted them, and she chose to have the purple outline. The other star will go in the pre made box for Christmas. As I was working on the order I also took the opportunity to make some more mini stars to add to my collection. How they will be displayed is a future decision but I plan to make many of them, each a different colour/pattern combination so that each one is an individual.
As for my experiment, you might remember that a while back I was experimenting with CRAW stitch and that it did not look right for what I wanted to make. So I have been experimenting again this time keeping to RAW stitches instead of adding in the peyote centre. MY first one I used both CRAW and RAW as the centre and while it worked I did not like how the centre was not firm and would curve out. Not that you can tell from the photo below. It looks fine otherwise and would work well in other projects I am sure.
Next was my experiment with just CRAW where I did the base with one row and the walls with two. It has worked fine, though I will be trying two more experiments before I decided on how I will do my church. Below is a photo of the base with the start of the walls, with the gap for the door and window slits. It is just a very basic design as it is always easer to experiment with simple designs first. I did try something similar ages ago, but the base had been more than one row and it had been way to thick to work as I progressed it just became too difficult to continue with it.
While this version is working quite well I am still hoping that my next experiment will work a little better as I find this one a little blocky and dense. It Dose not look quite as blocky now that it is almost done.
Being a 3d project, it is really hard to get a photo that captures it well, but I will have a video of it on Insta when it is finished and I also have WIP videos on Twitter as I am using my Twitter account as a mico blog which seems to be working out well.
When I was joining the top of the walls above the window slits I kept forgetting that they were two rows wide and had to pick apart the stitches as I realised I had forgotten and they were wrong. Oh well that is life sometimes.
Last night I cooked satay chicken for dinner and it was meh. And tonight I just brought fish and chips, as I really didn’t feel like cooking and didn’t know what to cook. Though I love eating good food cooking is not something I really like doing.
I will have to work at it as I intend to eat healthy.
Hum other than that I don’t have much else to mention today so I will leave it there and catch you next time.