Well if the name isn’t a mouth full I don’t know what is. Ok there is some variation to the name on the different sites so I went with the most common. Most don’t say what the core is but I added it in just so you know.
I’ve been wanting to make this bad boy for quite some time now, ever since I first came across it. Several people have made paper models of it which is how I first came a cross this amazing toroidal polyhedron. When I am finished it should have 20 hexagons, 60 pentagons, 60 squares and 140 triangles.
Here is a finished version made by Yana at Geometiles after following my wip shots on twitter. I was super excited to have inspired something she made as I’ve been inspired by her creations. And she has photos of the inside that you can check on on her twitter and Instagram pages.
So I started working on this about the 17th of last month and I did have some of the early wip photos in my second last blog post.
As I mentioned before it took me a while to decide on the hexagons before I finally settled on an open version as I liked it the best and thought it would be cool to be able to look into the beadwork. Yana sent me a link to a small snake cable camera that I will have to buy to get the hard to get shots of the inside of the bead work as it dose look really good.
Ok I will post updates on it as I go on Twitter and will hopefully write another post later this week, with more progress shots.
I had better get cracking on the beadwork, it has been days and it is driving me crazy.